£18.00 - £22.41 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Billing and Debt Assistant which has arisen with the local authorities in Cheshire.
You will be required to provide an efficient service for the billing, collection and recovery of Income and Debt owed to the council. To operative in either the Local Taxation Billing or Corporate Debt Recover teams as required.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To have a working knowledge of the appropriate legislation and regulations.
- To deal with enquires from Debtors in person, by letter, email or telephone.
- To negotiate payment arrangements on outstanding debts
- To carry out effective changes to accounts as necessary, making decisions on exemptions, discounts and reliefs. Input data, maintain/amend accounts and issue bills
- Provide documentation for instalment arrangements, update records and monitor payments.
- To liaise with other departments concerning debtors accounts and sums due.
Experience and Skills:
- GCSE in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English, or equivalent
- Extensive clerical background where figure work and accuracy are both important
- Knowledge of local authority debt related legislation
- Computer literate where the use of a finance related package or similar is a routine part of the job
Hours of work are 08:30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.