£13.11 - £13.76 per hour
13 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Benefits Officer to join our clients offices based in Rugby on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Benefits Officer, your main duties will include:
- The Agency Worker will be required to:
- To work in accordance with Systems Thinking principles.
- To work in accordance with the principles of the Benefits Team, challenging situations where the principles are not being adhered to.
- Ensure you have up to date knowledge to enable you to deliver a service that meets the needs of the individual customer, whilst complying with legislative requirements.
- Making all decisions required in connection with a claim for benefit.
- Work with customers in person (within the office environment or at home), in writing/electronic means, or over the telephone to obtain sufficient information and evidence to support a claim for benefit or a change in circumstances that meets the purpose.
To be successful for this Benefits Officer post you will need to have:
- Possess (or studying for) Benefits Technician level of the Institute of Rating, Revenues and Valuation or an equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of assessing claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit / Reduction.
- Experience of explaining complex issues to members of the public in a face to face setting.
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with a minimum of Grade C in Maths and English Language, or sufficient experience to undertake financial calculations and write your own letters.
- An understanding of the principles of System Thinking.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.