£19.67 - £20.65 per hour
9 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Benefits Manager to join our clients offices based in Atherstone on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Benefits Manager, your main duties will include:
- Lead and manage the Benefits service in providing effective customer focussed services in respect of Benefit processing, whilst seeking to promote efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Develop and establish systems and procedures to ensure all staff in the Benefits Shared Service section process all matters effectively and efficiently in line with best practice.
- To work with the Head of Support Services to administer systems for the assessment of Benefits.
- Determine and ensure effective implementation of performance standards, objectives and targets.
- Ensure effective communication of changes in working practices, together with decision making and work processing requirements and encourage all team members in the shared service to develop and improve the service.
- Identify, review and evaluate opportunities including shared services, lean processes and efficiency savings in respect of the work carried out by Benefits.
- To liaise with other local authorities and outside bodies to ensure cooperation and co-ordinated action in matters of mutual concern.
- To manage the budget for the Benefits Section
- To act as financial adviser to other bodies and working groups as agreed.
To be successful for this Benefits Manager post you will need to have:
- Previous experience of working at senior management level in a busy Benefits Service with proven experience of being a key player in a programme of cultural change.
- Experience in the leadership of a multi-disciplinary team demonstrating excellent communication, management and Interpersonal skills.
- A strong track record in performance management and the
- Meeting of targets.
- Proven track record in management experience, incorporating successful management of people and resources in a climate of legislative and organisational change.
- Experience of producing reports on complex issues and responding quickly to new initiatives within tight deadlines.
- Experience on producing Returns, (Subsidy, DHP)
- Current Civica OpenRevs Experience
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.