£19.67 - £20.65 per hour
over 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Benefits Manager to join our clients offices based in Atherstone on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Benefits Manager, your main duties will include:
- Be committed to the Council's Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values.
- An understanding and awareness of the concept of "Making Every Contact Count" (MECC), attending training where necessary.
- To be responsible for the production of the Benefit Section service business plans, and to assist with the production of the Finance and Procurement service and business plans.
- To be responsible for delivering and reviewing service standards, quality and performance targets for the service in accordance with the Council's Statement of Purpose and Principles.
- To manage, develop, monitor and appraise those officers for whom you have direct responsibility and to ensure that all employees within the Benefits Section are treated likewise.
- To foster a creative and open environment within the Benefits service where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- To represent the Unit and/or Benefits Section (as appropriate) at meetings and in other fora, creating and maintaining links with relevant outside organisations and presenting a positive external image of both Councils
To be successful for this Benefits Manager post you will need to have:
- Previous experience of working at senior management level in a busy Benefits Service with proven experience of being a key player in a programme of cultural change.
- Experience in the leadership of a multi-disciplinary team demonstrating excellent communication, management and Interpersonal skills.
- A strong track record in performance management and the
- Meeting of targets.
- Proven track record in management experience, incorporating successful management of people and resources in a climate of legislative and organisational change.
- Experience of producing reports on complex issues and responding quickly to new initiatives within tight deadlines.
- Experience on producing Returns, (Subsidy, DHP)
- Current Civica OpenRevs Experience
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.