£13.11 - £13.77 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Benefits Assessor on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £13.11 P/H PAYE
To undertake the effective, economic administration, determination and payment of claims for Housing and Council Tax Benefit and any successor benefits in accordance with legislation, relevant guidance, local policies, procedures and strategies. To work with other Benefit Staff and Officers within Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council to ensure that the service achieves excellence to its customers, both internal and external.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the delivery of service standards, quality and performance targets for the Finance & Procurement Unit in accordance with the Council's Statement of Purpose and Principles.
- To make use of the technology available to improve communication within the Team and the Council as a whole.
- To carry out all work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures, e.g. Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Customer Care etc.
- To work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To comply with Data Protection Legislation.
- To undertake personal development commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the job.
Skills and Experience:
- Clerical/Administrative experience of working in a busy benefits environment Clerical/Administrative experience of working in a busy office environment Experience of dealing with the public face to face and on the telephone Experience of using VDU/PCs or other computer equipment
- 2 GCSEs Grade A-C in Maths and English Language or experience to indicate competency in the English Language and numerical skills Recognised computer qualification
- Good communication skills Knowledge of Housing and Council Tax Benefit legislation
- Ability to compose non-standard letters Proficiency in using computers i.e. Inputting and verifying data in order to assess claims
- Ability to work as a team member Ability to work on own initiative The ability to learn, understand and apply complex processes Knowledge of Welfare Benefits legislation
2 Years written references
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases