£20.84 - £25.95 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
29 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Benefits Assessments Officer within the local authorities in Cambridge.
To be responsible to the Benefits Team Leader for the effective and efficient discharge of all duties in connection with the assessment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.
- To have a sound knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit Regulations, together with their associated computer systems (i world), plus a good basic understanding of Council Tax Legislation.
- To ensure the correct usage of computer systems, to input, verify and obtain information on all matters relating to the assessment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.
- To ensure that all claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit are processed accurately and within the targeted timescales by correctly calculating income and rent details and inputting the personal details of claimants onto the computer system.
- To amend, cancel and suspend benefit claims effectively, to avoid underpayment/overpayment of Housing and Council Tax Benefit. Within the Housing and Council Tax Benefit regulations and in accordance with the Council's policy guidelines, to recover overpaid benefit.
- To ensure that members of the public are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner, by telephone, correspondence, at the reception counter or by visit to their home, in all matters relating to their benefit claim.
- To use the computer system reports to ensure that Housing and Council Tax Benefit has been correctly assessed and paid to the claimant by cheque or credited to their rent/or Council Tax account
- Experience of other welfare benefits
- In-depth knowledge of Housing & Council Tax Benefit legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of Local Government Revenues & Benefits ( Council Tax and/or Benefits
- Ability to work within new and existing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Northgate (I-world)
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.