Up to £12.69 per hour + + Benefits
23 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, for an Auditor has arisen within the local authorities in Sandbach.
The Auditor is to provide cover pending a restructure of the Internal Audit team.
The role requires an AAT or equivalent qualified internal auditor to support the Internal Audit team in ensuring the effective delivery of the audit plan.
The successful candidate will be have experience in local government internal audit and be comfortable in delivering risk based audit assignments across the whole range of Council services and schools under the supervision of a lead auditor.
Initially working remotely following a face to face induction in a covid-19 secure workplace. A laptop will be provided and experience of Microsoft Teams is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Lead and deliver audits in one or more strategic areas of the Council's Internal Audit function (People, Places, Corporate) in accordance with the CIPFA Code of Practice for Internal Audit.
- To assist in delivering a range of complex audit assignments in one or more strategic areas of the Council's Internal Audit function (People, Places, Corporate) in accordance with the CIPFA Code of Practice for Internal Audit. This includes contract audit, computer audit, anti-fraud audit and the audit of shared and partnership delivered services
- Report audit findings, verbally and in writing, and agree recommended action with Management.
- Work with and advise officers, on the application of existing policies, procedures and controls and the development and implementation of new systems, to ensure an efficient, effective and well maintained control environment.
- Undertake, under the direction of a Lead Auditor, investigations of suspected fraud or corruption and other ad hoc project work such as Value for Money reviews.
- Supervise the work of audit and clerical assistance within the team, and other staff allocated from time to time, to ensure that tasks are carried out accurately and on a timely basis
- Undertake coaching and specific technical training within the service, to ensure that best practice standards and approaches are appropriately applied.
Rate of Pay
There might be flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.