Up to £28.50 per hour
30 days ago
Our client is seeking an Internal Auditor on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £28.50 Per Hour PAYE
- To review the Council's activities as a service to all levels of management. To measure, evaluate and report upon the effectiveness of internal controls, financial, managerial and other, as a contribution to the efficient, effective and secure use of resources within the City Council.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct internal audit reviews in a professional manner using risk-based auditing techniques over a wide range of different audit environments and audit clients.
- To examine financial and other records of the Council's activities as specified and to report upon any irregularities or unsound practices.
- To examine specific activities of the Authority and report or advise on:
- Improved efficiency in administration
- Improvement in value for money
- Improved performance management procedures or techniques
- Improved controls to mitigate risks
- In line with the Head of Internal Audit's strategic plan, as approved by the Director of Finance and Civic Affairs Committee.
- To prepare as requested by the Head of Internal Audit, with the Director of Finance's approval, audit programmes, reports, internal control questionnaires, flow charts of procedure etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of planning and progressing internal audit work activities, applying professional internal audit standards, using initiative and independent judgement in their application
- Experience of supervision of junior audit staff.
- Experience of management of a programme of internal audits including planning and supervision of resources, client management, and quality assurance.
- Post qualification experience in applying internal auditing methodologies, to provide assurance on the management of operational and strategic risks.
- Experience of undertaking more complex audits.
- Significant experience of undertaking very complex/strategic audits.
- Relevant Experience.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.