£15.81 - £16.60 per hour
3 months ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Auditor to join our client's offices based in Bath on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
As the Senior Auditor, your main duties will include:
- To contribute to the formulation of detailed Partnership, Corporate and Service objectives and policies of the Audit West Partnership.
- To ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council and Partnership policies and the achievement of the relevant Council's overall objectives.
- To lead and participate in cross-service and cross-council initiatives in accordance with the Partnership's and respective Council's objectives as and when necessary.
- To support the Head of Audit West in ensuring that services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To support the Head of Audit West in ensuring that that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the partnership.
To be successful for this Senior Auditor post, you will need to have:
- Sufficient experience in internal audit, business or a financial environment, preferably in local government or other public sector employment.
- General or specific expertise in any area within the audit spectrum, able to convert the key risks in specific areas into a coherent plan to review and provide assurance to management;
- Good understanding of Local Authority Services with specific knowledge of the responsible Services, including an appreciation of current and proposed legislation / Council Policy and its effect on the Authority
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and communicate, both orally and in writing, with Council Members and Officers, School Governing Bodies and individuals external to the organisation;
- Able to demonstrate the ability to interpret and assess the key risk factors and drivers from complex situations for any service or project across the Council;
- Have proven ability to communicate at all levels and in particular display fluent verbal, listening and written communication skills consistent with operating at Member and Senior Management level
You may be required from time to time to work in Bath. Keynsham, Clevedon or Weston-Super-Mare.
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 17:00 however part time hours may be considered
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £15.81 p/h
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases