£22.63 - £23.76 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Audit Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The post is hosted within One West offering specialist professional services primarily to the public sector.
- Plan, manage and deliver a responsive and cost effective element of the Audit & Assurance Service to the respective Clients within the Audit West along with any other commercial customers.
- Take a leading role in the management and development of the Partnership and Audit Service including provision of lead expertise for Client Management to an agreed portfolio of Clients.
Provide advice to all levels of management on matters of risk management, operational and financial controls, best management practice, value for money and to ensure that all the implications of policy and procedural changes are properly considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Head of Audit & Assurance participate in the formulation and implementation of Partnership, Corporate and Divisional objectives and action plans. Allocate resources, monitor the achievement of objectives (action plans) and report to provide necessary assurance to Senior Management.
- With the Head of Audit & Assurance ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and specified Partnership protocols and procedures.
- Contribute to partnership and cross-service initiatives and co-operative working across services in accordance with the respective Partnership's and Council's Vision and Values.
- Support both Partnerships in ensuring that for each Client they are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunities and health & safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- Ensure that effective internal working relationships are established and maintained with individual employees, trade unions, Council teams / services and Councillors.
- Ensure that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with members of the general public, organisations (including partners & contractors) and agencies relevant to the work of the Partnership.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of resources allocated to the Partnership for the respective external Client.
Skills and Expereince:
- A Professional Internal Audit, Accountancy or Business Management related Qualification.
- At least 3 Years' experience in internal audit, business or an IM&T environment, 1 year of which should ideally have been at a supervisory level, preferably in local government or other public sector employment.
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation of a Risk & Assurance framework and how it is applied in a Local Authority setting. This would include an understanding of Services and Systems in a complex organisation such as a Local Authority and associated risks. This will include a detailed understanding of the main business critical systems or those with resource implications and procedures for risk & control.
- Extensive understanding of Local Authority Services (or similar) with specific knowledge of the responsible Services, including an appreciation of current and proposed legislation/Council Policy and its effect on the Authority.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and communicate, both orally and in writing, with key stakeholders, i.e. Council Members and Officers, School Governing Bodies and individuals external to the organisation.
- Possess drive, initiative, flair in problem solving, decisiveness, adaptability and the capability of undertaking complex investigations without supervision, to the tightest timetables.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases