£15.58 - £16.36 per hour
28 days ago
Our client is seeking an Audio Visual Supervisor on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Audio Visual Supervisor is responsible for supervising the delivery of the Councils AV Services including all audio visual equipment, maintenance and services at Willesden Green Cultural Centre within the following service areas (but is not limited to):
- Administration Areas
- Customer Services, Registration and Nationalities, Libraries and other public services
- Conference and Events
- Training Centre
- Public Areas/ Public performance/exhibition areas
- Public Information Systems
- Performance Space
- Willesden Green Library
The Audio Visual Supervisor will also be expected to supervise the Councils AV Services team.
This Position will entail out of hours and bank holiday working when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The day to day management of the audio visual within event spaces, boardrooms, meeting rooms and quiet rooms along with support services and general meeting room requests.
- Manage staff on a day to day basis to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery.
- Independently manage on a day to day basis the coordination and delivery of all Audio Visual services, for internal and external events to the highest standard.
- Support the Audio Visual & FM Projects Manager to manage AV Services team in maintaining testing and servicing all Audio Visual equipment (including maintaining licences, software upgrades etc.) within Brent Civic Centre/Willesden Green Cultural Centre and for event services including maintaining service records and inventories. Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc testing is carried out across all areas.
- Maintain systems and respond to reactive maintenance calls, faults and AV equipment queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Liaise with contracted AV maintenance providers to ensure any damages, repairs and replacement equipment requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently and will maintain relevant management/performance reports on servicing.
- Coordinate and deliver on a day to day basis a wide range of, small and large scale, Audio Visual services for internal and external events to the highest standard. This may include running client presentations and managing/formatting AV content for events.
- Support the Audio Visual Manager to generate income through the competitive supply of AV equipment and services for events where appropriate, identifying opportunities and creating competitive and compelling AV packages.
- Liaise with customers to ensure we meet their audio visual requirements.
- Liaise with customers and manage any complaints for the service ensuring a positive resolution aligned with Council's complaint procedure.
- Obtain quotes for AV services from external AV suppliers when required for both internal and external clients always ensuring that the council gets the best quote in terms of service, value and quality for the event.
- Support the Audio Visual & FM Projects Manager to ensure appropriate technician cover for all events. Train Event Delivery Supervisors and Coordinators in basic AV troubleshooting for events. On all events the Audio Visual Supervisor will oversee the Audio Visual Technicians to ensure the event is delivered without faults.
- Ensure all risk assessments and all relevant documentation is received from external suppliers in order to carry out work at Brent Civic Centre - this includes the issuing of Permits to Work when required.
- Required to manage any event related administration on a day to day basis including managing the AV inbox, producing quotes, technical briefs for support staff, invoicing and post-event reporting.
- Organise the rota and oversee the team.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the council's customer care, equal opportunities, information governance, data protection and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience of working operationally in the industry - preferably within an in-house venue environment or with an AV supplier who works with event venues.
- Proven experience of overseeing, managing full-scale event productions with experience both with Sound and Lighting and IT.
- Experienced in Audio Visual sales and product knowledge.
- Audio Visual qualification
- Current and up-to-date IT knowledge
- Knowledge and awareness of current health & safety legislation and regulations
- IPAF License
- PAT Testing
- Basic Ladder Training
- Manual Handling
- First Aid Training
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases