£9.82 - £10.31 per hour
23 days ago
Our client is seeking an Assistant Technical Officer on an initial 4-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours at £9.82 p/h PAYE.
- Accountable to a Senior Technical Officer, supporting a discreet specialist / technical service area and providing a wide range of duties.
- To provide specialist / technical support services, managing day to day running and resources of a designated technical support function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake a range of specialist / technical support activities, working to meet agreed objectives, priorities and deadlines and ensuring optimum use of resources.
- Working with other specialists/ technical support staff investigate and deliver effective projects and/or services, from inception to completion.
- Assist with public consultation, where appropriate and where directed, in accordance with the strategy.
- Create, maintain, interrogate and input to financial, business support and administration systems, ensuring accurate input of data for each allocated project or service element.
- Manage, monitor and update records and/or procedures regularly and issues requiring a decision or of concern brought to the attention of senior staff.
- Operate in accordance with Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems and other agreed procedures and ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Assist, where directed, in the provision of staff training.
- Prepare support information, for public inquiries, arbitrations, adjudications and similar events.
- Assist in meetings with local Councillors, the community and the public on highway and transportation issues.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
- BTEC National Certificate
- NVQ Level 3
- Able to analyse data and/or records.
- Experience in the use of IT within the area of responsibility.
- Experience of applying Health and Safety principles and working within Quality Management Systems
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases