£11.15 - £12.63 per hour + PAYE
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Surveyor to join our busy offices based in Coalville on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start by the end of March, working 36.25 hours per week, at £11.15 - £12.6
As the Assistant Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- To assist with the undertaking and recording of surveys to the Council's housing stock, offices and managed schemes. To update the relevant property databases, extract reports and help formulate programs of work.
- To assist in the efficient and effective delivery of the planned/cyclical maintenance and improvements programmes of works.
- To monitor (under supervision) on-site works undertaken by contractors and to advise and update project officers on progress, variations and deviations from agreed programs.
- To prepare and submit (under supervision) applications for Building Control and Planning approvals.
- To always see the service through the eyes of the customer and make suggestions for improvement where appropriate
- To constantly challenge self-performance and seek to find improvements
- To carry out duties efficiently and effectively
- To help build pride, passion and reputation for NWLDC
- To participate in the Council's appraisal scheme and to undertake any necessary training and development as identified for the job role
- To promote the Council's Equality and Diversity Policy to ensure service provision and employment practices are non-discriminatory.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the grading of the post and as required by the Team Manager
- To assist in the event of a civil emergency in any way as instructed
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.