City of London, London
£19.49 - £20.46 per hour
17 days ago
Our client is seeking a Assistant Lawyer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
We provide advice and conduct litigation on behalf of the council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The team defends employment tribunal cases on behalf of the council and where appropriate conducts settlement negotiations and provides advice to HR officers and managers throughout the council on individual and corporate matters such as :
- The interpretation of contract terms
- Discrimination law matters
- Issues arising concerning grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Restructuring and the transfer of staff
- The public duty placed on the council under equality's legislation
- Audits of the council's staff policies and procedures to ensure that they are compliant with fast changing employment law requirements
- Advising on employment issues including the impact of TUPE regulations in procurement's and the in or out sourcing of service provision.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases