£350 - £435.75 per day + Paye / Umbrella
4 months ago
4 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director to join our client's offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working part-time, 25 hours per week at £350 per day PAYE.
As the Assistant Director, your main duties will include:
- Support the Head of Strategic Housing Services to secure and project manage the availability of a comprehensive and caring Housing Advice service to all residents of the Borough.
- Support the Head of Strategic Housing Services to secure the provision of specialist housing and housing-related services and support for those in need because of age, infirmity, homelessness, low income, etc.
- To ensure the efficient and equitable allocation of vacant property to those on the Housing Register
- To ensure the firm but fair enforcement of tenancy conditions.
- To manage the effective collection of rents and the recovery of arrears alongside the Revenues and Benefits Team.
- To lead on projects to improve the Housing and Communities service unit as directed by the Director - Housing, Communities and Economic Growth
- To manage, develop, monitor and appraise those employees for whom you have direct responsibility, and to ensure that all employees within the Service Unit are treated likewise.
To be successful for this Assistant Director post you will need to have:
- Minimum of 3 years' effective management at a senior level
- Experience of developing and managing employees effectively
- Experience of negotiating with trades unions/contractors/suppliers
- Experience of working on large projects where resources had to be managed and controlled
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with members and colleagues
- Experience in managing budgets and other resources
- Experience of audit compliance with operational systems and ensuring best value
- Full membership of a professional institute relevant to at least one of the services provided by the Service Unit
- Driving License
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.