£11.73 - £12.32 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Assistant Democratic Services Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide a Comprehensive, effective and high quality democratic support service to the county's councillors and officers including the provision of advice within statutory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the division at key county council meetings and meetings involving key partners. This includes providing advice on procedural matters, identifying issues, seeking responses following the meetings from appropriate sources, checking on progress and reporting back.
- Assist in ensuring the council meetings are managed in line with the councils constitution, this includes preparation and distribution of the council committee papers in line with statutory deadlines and requirements, writing committee reports as requested and recording proceedings.
- Act as the first point of contact for members of the public in relation to the council services: provide information and guidance on services and the democratic process.
- Clerk independent school admission and exclusion appeals panels, organise the panels, advise panel members on the procedure and minute the panel.
- Administer the member casework system ensuring that prescribed timescale are met for responses, liaising with internal and external officers and members, escalating issues when response are not received and producing to casework for discussion with members.
Skills and Experience:
- Considerable relevant and practical experience of working in a democratic services/scrutiny of similar environment.
- Working With elected member's.
- Broad knowledge of local government.
- Detailed knowledge of democratic and scrutiny processes and procedures.
- Good communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to build relationships and to influence others.
- Ability to deal effectively with members of the public.
- Ability to deal with matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to act sensitively and tactfully.
- Ability to manage stressful situations.
- Good res each skills.
For this role you will need the following:
-2 Years written referencing (all gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.