Up to £22.41 per hour + Excellent Benefits
26 days ago
6 months +
Our client is seeking an Assistant Accountant on an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00.
- Work as a pooled resource, to cover a range of accounting and budgeting responsibilities. Support the work of the Strategic Finance Manager, Senior Finance Analysts and Finance Analysts
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of budgets and budget monitoring reports
- Liaise with service managers on financial issues
- Contribute to the delivery of excellent service by regularly meeting performance standards as outlined in the service level agreement
- Provide information for financial and other management reports, as and when required and to ensure the working paper file complies with audit standards
- Ensure finance procedures are kept up to date and any changes approved by Corporate Financial Control
- Contribute to the continuous improvement plan and assist in the design of new processes and procedures
- Assist with the closing of the council's annual accounts including preparing audit schedules and working papers, the administration of Government Grant claims, statutory returns for the ODPM, monthly and year-end accounting returns.
Skills and Experience:
- Budget development & monitoring
- Working in a finance environment
- Effectively using excel, word, and a financial system
- AAT part qualified OR equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Shows a full understanding of the broad area of LG funding
- Able to apply accounting principles and work in accordance with relevant rules and procedures
- Detailed understanding of the Budget process, variance analysis and profiling
- Is aware of and complies with standards of financial control.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.