£16.00 - £16.80 per hour
10 days ago
Our client is seeking an Assistant Accountant on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £16.00 Per Hour PAYE.
- Work as a pooled resource, to cover a range of accounting and budgeting responsibilities. Support the work of the Strategic Finance Manager, Senior Finance Analysts and Finance Analysts
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of budgets and budget monitoring reports
- Liaise with service managers on financial issues
- Contribute to the delivery of excellent service by regularly meeting performance standards as outlined in the service level agreement
- Provide information for financial and other management reports, as and when required and to ensure the working paper file complies with audit standards
- Ensure finance procedures are kept up to date and any changes approved by Corporate Financial Control
- Contribute to the continuous improvement plan and assist in the design of new processes and procedures
- Assist with the closing of the council's annual accounts including preparing audit schedules and working papers, the administration of Government Grant claims, statutory returns for the ODPM, monthly and year-end accounting returns.
Skills and Experience:
- Budget development & monitoring
- Working in a finance environment
- Effectively using excel, word, and a financial system
- AAT part qualified OR equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Shows a full understanding of the broad area of LG funding
- Able to apply accounting principles and work in accordance with relevant rules and procedures
- Detailed understanding of the Budget process, variance analysis and profiling
- Is aware of and complies with standards of financial control
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.