Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£11.98 - £12.58 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Assistant Accountant on an initial 8 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To support the delivery of an integrated, robust financial planning process by the provision of high quality, accurate, timely and relevant information.
- To support all strategic and operational plans are supported by the provision of high quality, accurate, timely and relevant information and robust investment appraisals.
- To support the provision of high quality, accurate, relevant and timely monitoring and forecasting information.
- To provide financial advice and guidance to stakeholders/service managers and partners as required.
- To assist in providing strategic financial direction for Unitas by ensuring that all statutory requirements are adhered to and policy and performance standards are met.
- To assist in delivering financial management accounting, budgeting and reporting matters and to deputise as required.
- To help support the provision of specialist financial services on behalf of the council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To help support the delivery of high quality, efficient financial, accounting and budgeting services to support the business in delivering its corporate aims and objectives.
- To contribute towards the compilation, monitoring and reporting of the business's integrated Medium Term Financial Strategy and other related plans.
- To provide effective financial and accounting analysis in support of the businesses projects and desired outcomes.
- To provide analysis and financial advice to stakeholders to support the business in its delivery of corporate aims and objectives.
- To contribute towards the delivery of the businesses statutory Statement of Accounts in line with professional and statutory requirements.
- To contribute towards the formulation, implementation and review of service plans.
- To contribute towards the delivery of an effective, high performing, customer focused financial service that is continuously improving.
- To contribute towards the promotion of effective team building in order to provide financial information, analysis, support and advice to officers as appropriate.
- To assist in formulating the most effective, innovative and forward looking financial practices.
- To support the effective delivery of the value for money agenda.
- To provide support and advice on financial management, policy development and corporate financial matters.
- To support the provision of effective financial management and regular monitoring of performance indicators and quality standards insofar as they affect the value for money agenda.
- To contribute to the achievement of any relevant statutory inspections.
- To contribute towards the Service Plans in line with recognised best practice, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To ensure that Finance Assistants (if relevant) within the team are organised, receive appropriate learning, are informed, managed and motivated to deliver a high quality, cost effective service.
To ensure that all functions within the section are maintained and enhanced.
Skills and Experience:
- Record of success in helping support sustainable improvements.
- A track record of helping to motivate and inspire staff in order to deliver a change agenda and improve service delivery.
- Proven success in developing effective working relationships.
- Relevant technical experience in the respective role.
- Demonstrable experience of the utilisation of financial information systems .
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other people both inside and outside the directorate.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to represent the business' policies and views to stakeholders.
- Ability to help maximise resources and manage budgets effectively in a financially disciplined environment.
- Ability to implement creative and imaginative approaches.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases