£14.64 - £18.23 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
19 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a Assessment Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Wembley.
Looking for Assessment Officers who have skills and knowledge in processing Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support New Claims and Change in Circumstances along with DHPs, Resident Social Funds, Reconsiderations, Appeals, Complaints, UC stop Award Notices.
- To assist customers by accurately determining their entitlement to Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Local Welfare Assistance, Social Care financial assistance and concessionary travel
- To provide first contact resolution to customers across a range of services and a variety of access channels, maintaining the highest standard of customer care at all times.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with relevant legislation and guidance, Council policies, procedures and standards to ensure the delivery of excellent services to customers
- Asses, review or reconsider entitlement to Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Social Care financial assistance or concessionary travel, in accordance with the current legislation and within targeted timescales, and via a variety of access channels. Check submitted forms and documentation and where necessary request further evidence in order to determine customers' Benefit entitlement.
- Do everything possible to resolve customer contact at the first point of contact ensuring that customers receive a high quality service.
- Effectively resolve all claim types for customers by liaising with customers and their representatives, landlords, and other internal and external stakeholders including (but not limited to); The Department for Work and Pensions, Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs, Housing Department, Council Tax and Adult Social Care Team.
- Consider and determine applications for Discretionary Housing Payments and Local Welfare Assistance in line with Council policy and guidance. Carry out Benefits functions in relation to Universal Credit (administered by the DWP).
- Accurately assess entitlement to Benefits and other forms of assistance by maintaining an extensive and up to date knowledge of the relevant IT systems, policy and procedures, regulations, case law and other associated welfare benefits
- Input and amend claims from Housing Benefit Matching Service (HBMS) and Real Time Information (RTI) referrals (i.e. able to identify discrepancies and interpret data received from DWP and HMRC, identify correct codes, and able to make decisions on the outcome of HBMS).
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of Housing Benefit legislation, Council Tax Reduction / Support (local scheme), understanding of benefit subsidy issues and knowledge of other welfare benefits. To have an understanding of different tenancy types and related issues with regards to Housing Benefit entitlement. To make referrals to the Rent Service as appropriate.
- Knowledge and experience of providing a customer focussed advice, information, enquiry, transactions and complaints handling in a demanding customer facing environment across various access channels (face to face, telephone, post and online)
- An understanding of Housing Benefits, Council Tax Support, Council Tax and Social Care Financial Assessments
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word packages and the ability to effectively use a range of IT systems and applications
- Ability to understand the needs of a diverse range of customers, and a commitment to securing the best possible outcomes for them
- Excellent decision making skills and an ability to analyse problems to find solutions at the first point of contact
- Ability to effectively interpret a range of different legislation, guidance and policy and clearly explain the information to customers verbally or in writing
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 9:30am till 4:30pm, Monday to Thursday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.