about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking Asc Income Team Leader on an initial 12 months contract with the possibility of an extension.
Monday - Thursday, 22.5 hours
This role is responsible for the operational management of the ASC Income team, its systems and identifying team priorities. The ASC Income team is responsible for ensuring all charges for social care services raised in the ASC system are invoiced via SAP. The team is also responsible for case managing the recovery of accrued debts in relation to unpaid contributions from social service's users or their estates in accordance with national guidance. Cases are managed from the point automated reminders have been issued until resolved, this includes working alongside Social Workers to support individuals to repay, instructing formal court procedures to take place or putting forward cases for write off. The team also oversee ASC long term loans and repayment plans.
This role manages all the employees within this team, is responsible for designing and reviewing all local processes as well as producing monthly management reports for ASC Deputy Director, Finance Business Partner and Finance managers. This role is also responsible for analysing monthly data to ensure resources are being utilised in the most effective way and to identify areas of potential improvement.
The role supports the Corporate Income & Financial Services Improvement manager with reviewing and implementing debt recovery strategy and instigating or engaging in improvement activity with colleagues and teams across the Adult social care directorate where it relates to income or debt processes
The role also encompasses the monthly management of, direct debit collection, the Adult Social Care monthly invoice run and the maintenance of debtor accounts and master records as part of Oxfordshire's partnership with Hampshire Integrated Business Centre (IBC).
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that ASC Income Team resource is used in the most effective way to manage Adult Social Care debt levels (approx. £11 million) & debt at risk of not being collected (£2.5 million)
- Ensure that transactional processing is carried out in the most efficient way and opportunities for automation and streamlining are identified and implementation managed so ASC Income staff can focus on value added activity
- Produce a monthly aged debt dashboard report and analysis for senior managers within Adult Social Care and Finance detailing debt recovery performance against key targets and highlight potential material budgetary impacts
- Produce monthly aged debt operational reports for the team and Corporate Income Manager to provide business intelligence data on individuals performance against targets and to identify which debt areas/team members require more focus
- Manage the monthly Controcc direct debit collection in conjunction with the IBC. Including data management, security and processing.
- Manage the monthly generation of Controcc invoices (£30million p.a) in accordance with our contract, agreed timetable and format with IBC. Ensuring runs are reconciled and all discrepancies investigated.
- Manage processes related to the maintenance of debtor's accounts with the IBC.
- Line management of the Debt Recovery Officers and Debt Recovery Support Officer/s, ensuring that performance and development processes are in line with the Council's HR policies and procedures and management of the team as required.
- Ensure that identified debt is recovered and aged debt processes are followed in accordance with current policy in conjunction with IBC. Including managing the production of local procedural documentation that aligns with corporate and partner process and policies
- Review and sign off actions under the locally agreed debt management process: referrals for legal activity, write off referrals, customer refunds
- Support the Corporate Income Manager with complaint cases and identify gaps or issues in process
- Manage low level complaints and help resolve any complex phone calls or correspondence from customers relating to invoice queries or arrears, in a customer focused manner, where the team are unable to complete queries.
- Monitor and report on the monthly performance against annual impairment allowances and directorate write offs and report to senior managers and ASC income team as required.
- Work with the Corporate Income Manager to complete analysis to support the identification of issues with charging and collection that informs the design and introduction of improved strategies for debt collection improvement opportunities
- To comply with quality assurance measures and control procedures to demonstrate compliance with service level agreements, and ensure a customer service focus for the work of the team.
- To ensure any health and safety issues are communicated to your manager and to take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
Oxfordshire County Council is re-organising office accommodation across the county, and the location of this post may change. The successful applicant for this position will be kept informed by his/her line manager of any proposed change in location
Skills and Experience:
- Sound understanding of financial accounting procedures
- Ability to assimilate processes quickly.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to co-ordinate & influence others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent level of computer literacy, e.g. use of spreadsheets, mainframe packages and management information systems. Including intermediate/advance excel
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar financial environment.
- Working to and producing performance targets or key performance indicators
- Interpreting data to inform operational or procedural decisions
- Ability to motivate and develop employees
- Initiative & self-motivation.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work across teams and prioritise work.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.