£18.11 - £19.01 per hour
12 days ago
Our client is seeking an Asbestos Manager on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £18.11 Per Hour PAYE.
To ensure Central Bedfordshire Council complies with its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR), and other relevant legislation. To plan, programme and organise asbestos management surveys of all buildings as required, ensuring all ACM's are regularly inspected and controlled across the Property portfolio
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be customer friendly, efficient and connected in how you work; make the most of modern technologies, workspaces and ways of working to provide a customer focused and efficient service, and bring forward ideas for service improvement.
- Lead on all Asbestos management works ensuring specifications meet CBC standards and setting technical standards.
- Reviewing current asbestos management practices and produce the new procedure as required, the post holder will be required to create a business plan for asbestos re-surveys of buildings within the property portfolio, and to delegate tasks accordingly.
- Taking any necessary samples, sending off to an approved laboratory for analysis and updating the asbestos register and database.
- To be responsible for managing the asbestos database, maintaining and updating archive, current and new data when necessary. Provide advice and produce reports when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Building Surveying Degree or appropriate science/environmental degree
- BOHS Proficiency Certificate in P405 - Management of Asbestos in Buildings.
- BOHS Proficiency Certificate in P402 - Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
Experience in the completion of asbestos management surveys and extensive knowledge of asbestos remedial works management to include removal and encapsulation
- Experience in producing Asbestos Risk Assessments and making managerial decisions based on the calculated information.
- Demonstrable experience of contract administration, for projects in value band £100k-£500k. Including contract cost control.
- Proven track record of quality specification writing and project design. Including the use of NBS and AutoCAD
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.