£281.12 - £300 per day
about 1 month ago
8 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Analyst Programmer to join our busy offices based in Stafford on a temporary basis for 8 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £281.12 per day.
As the Analyst Programmer, your main duties will include:
- Develop, support and maintain ICT business systems and solutions to support the delivery of Business services and to achieve the ICT programme in-line with the ICT strategy, ICT Project and Change process, Release Management approach, Council's development practices and enterprise architecture;
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on technical options and take an active role in proposing technical solutions within area of expertise in line with the ICT Enterprise Architecture and ICT Strategy;
- Take technical responsibility for most stages of the life cycle for development of all types of systems covering: investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, implementation, support and maintenance;
- Take ownership and responsibility for the organisation, documentation and execution of one or more small-scale projects, providing effective leadership to team members. Monitor all activities against plan, providing regular and accurate reports to management and customer/user management as appropriate;
- Select appropriately from available standards, methods and tools and apply them in an intelligent and effective way in order to achieve well-engineered products which exhibit the necessary attributes such as fitness for purpose, reliability, efficiency, security, safety, maintainability and cost effectiveness;
- Ensure appropriate standard and methodologies are in place for system development and that all work is documented using appropriate standards, methods and tools, including prototyping where appropriate, and ensure that ICT documentation and management systems are kept up to date;
- Arrange, prepare and conduct meetings, workshops and presentations for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences, demonstrating consistently high qualities of communication and persuasive skills;
- Prepare or contribute to, project and quality plans, cost benefit analyses and risk analyses taking account of the requirements for functionality versus the constraints of time, cost and quality;
- Assist the Business users in the Analysis stage of the software lifecycle; and provide post training user support and assist in the ICT change management process;
- Develop close working relationships with other ICT teams and key stakeholders, in order to gain valuable knowledge of the solutions and business processes in core areas;
- Keep abreast of developing ICT and other technical and professional improvements, regarding service delivery, in both the public and private sectors.
- Participate in and represent ICT in the full range of Directorate and County Council activities including working groups and other initiatives as required from time to time.
- Promote and encourage the integration of ICT and ICT governance into the Council's business and planning processes.
To be successful for this Analyst Programmer post you will need to have:
- Educated to HNC / HND level or equivalent in an ICT related discipline or equivalent experience
- Significant (minimum of 3 years) proven experience in a development environment in a similar role
- Proven experience in the use of development tools, application development methods, techniques and standards
- Sound knowledge and proven experience of software development and systems implementation, including relevant technology, techniques and standards including JAVA, GIS, .net, Oracle, MS SQL and SAP
- Good knowledge and experience of Change Management including analysing business processes, recommending and implementing changes.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.