£9.68 - £10.16 per hour
over 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Admissions Assistant on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide administrative support in the delivery of the statutory admissions and transfer process for both primary and secondary schools across Cheshire East within legal requirements and in accordance with Council policies and to provide support in relation to specific projects undertaken within the Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake the administration of the admission of pupils to either secondary, junior, infant or primary schools, to ensure an accurate and efficient service for schools, parents/carers, pupils and the Authority.
- Deal with enquiries, exercising sensitivity, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion to form responses in accordance with agreed policies and defined procedures.
- Maximise and develop the use of admissions and transfers data systems in accordance with agreed timescales, policies and procedures to ensure the successful management of all data and the development of software through liaison with providers, ensuring improved efficiency of the admissions and transfers process.
- Develop and process a specified area of work in relation to the admissions and transfers process, referring particularly sensitive or complex problems to more senior staff so that the overall work of the section is dealt with efficiently and within agreed timescales.
- Collect and collate appropriate data in respect of the preparation of local authority appeals papers, to ensure that these are dealt with promptly and in accordance with legislative requirements and local authority policy.
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes and draft reports connected with the work of the Admissions and Transfers Team or the post holder's own specified area of work so that proper and accurate records are maintained and follow-up action is taken and monitored.
- Supervise and train staff so as to ensure that the day-to-day work of the section progresses in accordance with defined procedures and within agreed timescales.
- Make recommendations for action to more senior members of staff on the post holder's specified area of work to ensure the successful achievement of team objectives.
- Undertaking work as necessary as part of the wider Admissions, Transport and Fair Access Team.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of determining eligibility and entitlement to services through the interpreting and implementing of determined complex processes and procedures.
- Experience of providing clear and concise advice to service users, on complex, sensitive or difficult issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure, accurately and calmly to deadlines and internally and externally set performance targets.
- Well developed numeracy, literacy and IT skills Ability to use Microsoft Office, Windows based or other IT packages Effective communication skills.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases