Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly
£10.14 - £10.64 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Administrative Assistant on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide effective and timely administrative support to the relevant service group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide accurate and timely general administrative support
- Using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar IT software to carry out work that involves word processing, spreadsheets and presentation graphics.
- Servicing and recording meetings as required
Effectively manage information, data and systems
- To be responsible for the maintenance and security of records including service request records and systems, safety records, inspections data, staff rotas, overtime/additional hours, income receipts and mail logs;
- To contribute to performance and planning information by collecting, inputting and collating service information onto relevant databases, collating and validating relevant performance planning and costing/accounting/profit and loss information.
- Participate in validation of information held in computer and manual systems.
- Collecting and collating information for various purposes, in particular in performance management.
Assist in the development and implementation of administrative systems and processes
- Implement the Business Process relevant to the specific service group.
- Participate in the development of related IT systems and take an active part in their introduction and operation within the Team/Service.
Assist in the organisation and management of the administrative function
- To deputise in the absence of the relevant Principal Officer or other relevant team member(s) as required.
- Other allocated duties that may reasonably be required of the post holder.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Evidence of understanding / experience of working with Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge and understanding of databases.
- Understanding and knowledge of Administrative procedures.
- Ability to work to competing deadlines
- Ability to work to constant and conflicting demands.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships.
- Contribute to planning of work in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Evidence of general administrative experience.
- Experience of working with information databases.
- Previous experience of working in a team.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- A suitable NI Number
- 2 References
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases