£10.01 - £11.01 per hour
about 1 month ago
5 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our busy offices based in Kingswood on a temporary basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £10.01 p/h.
As the Administrator, your main duties will include:
- To receive, acknowledge and record written requests for DoLS authorisations under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards within the standard timescale and process them accordingly.
- Collate, maintain records and update systems.
- Communicate effectively with service users, professionals and partnership agencies using a variety of media
- Process email and telephone queries on a daily basis.
- Handle incoming post, complete and send letters, scan documents and save to internal specialist systems and help with specialist projects when required.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information and adhere to the council's information sharing policies and procedures.
- To timetable and progress chase all pending assessments, authorisations and reviews with relevant officers to ensure compliance with all statutory timescales.
- To arrange meetings and take accurate minutes and distribute accordingly.
- To ensure that all information about individuals related to requests and authorisations under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards is handled and stored confidentially and securely in accordance with policy and the Data Protection Act 1998 and shared in line with the agreed information sharing protocol.
To be successful for this Administrator post you will need to have:
- Relevant experience in business administration or customer services.
- An understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Be able to develop and maintain systems and processes to support the function of the DOLS service.
- Good administration skills, with the ability to provide and record information to a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Experienced in the operation of standard office information and communication technology, word processing, spreadsheet, database systems and presentation software - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Have ability to work on own initiative and respond flexibly to competing demands.
- Ability to work as part of a team and form effective working relationships.
- An ability to communicate well both written and orally to wide range of audiences in a professional manner.
- Understanding of a service user/carer perspective.
- Experience of working in an administrative role in either health or social care services.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.