£8.55 - £9.55 per hour
24 days ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our busy offices based in Middlewich on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £8.55 - £8.72 p/h.
As the Administrator, your main duties will include:
- Efficient and effective use of information technology relative to the service including MS office applications, IBS systems, bespoke systems and the internet; in order to maintain data bases, update records, generate work and information reports including the placement of orders, issuing of invoices and responding to external email requests.
- Receive, answer and deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries from the general public, outside organisations and internal clients, in order to provide accurate information and excellent customer service, referring callers on only where matters require the personal attention of a team member.
- Undertake clerical and administrative duties, predominantly relating to Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services, including management of paper work for motor-related insurance claims, update of daily work sheets and route risk assessments, and ensuring that all correspondence and texts are dealt with promptly and to a high standard of presentation and that service standards are met or exceeded.
- Organise and carry out procedures for ordering and checking financial transactions for the team, including hire of vehicles as required, to ensure that supplies and financial records are maintained efficiently. This may include reconciliation of income, preparation of banking for submission to accounts, accurate input of work costings into the corporate systems including time sheets and holidays. Organise meetings and other events involving team members, if required attend, take notes and arrange and monitor subsequent follow up actions to ensure efficient and timely dispatch of business.
- To engage with service users, including preparation, distribution and analysis of questionnaires relating to the service; and contribution to campaigns and promotions, including; planning and assisting in events and the effective delivery of Services. Develop and maintain accurate recording systems and a comprehensive filing system, in order to provide efficient and readily-accessible sources of information and accurate statistics.
- The jobholder may be required at any time to under take any work up to and/or at a level consistent with existing responsibilities. These tasks may be at any location in Cheshire East, to ensure the effective deployment of labour, materials, transport and equipment to meet daily service requirements
To be successful for this Administrator post you will need to have:
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Minimum qualification GCSE at grade C and above in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 2 RSA word processing or equivalent
- Broad general knowledge of Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services - to deal with complaints, enquiries.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Customer Services requirements and systems
- Demonstrable experience of working within an office environment
- Application Form, Interview Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and a demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with other departments
- Effective administration and communication skills (written and oral)
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with enquiries by telephone or in person.
- Motor insurance knowledge as desirable.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.