Up to £9.74 per hour
17 days ago
1 Month +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our busy offices based in Bideford on a temporary basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £9.74 p/h.
As the Administrator, your main duties will include:
- Receive electronic, telephone and written enquiries/complaints from members of the public, councillors, TDC Officers, area offices, other authorities and outside agencies on all aspects of Waste Management. Log complaints on SFC 24 Quality Monitoring Forms.
- Respond to enquiries/complaints appropriately giving regard to urgency, public safety and procedure.
- In the absence of the Waste and Recycling Officer deal with minor/medium complaints that are sensitive and/or emotive.
- Arrange and document requests of service including the collection of household bulky items and household assisted collections.
- Input waste management vehicle fuel receipts and validate/reconcile against purchasing card statements monthly.
- Input weighbridge tickets for all TDC vehicles and validate/reconcile against spreadsheet from waste disposal authority monthly.
- File check and record all driver hour records.
- Process and raise invoices using the TDC e-financial system and update logs.
- Process and raise orders using the TDC e-financial system and update logs.
- Petty cash.
- Assist the Waste and Recycling Officer with displays on roadshows, promoting the use of green wheelie bins, compost bins, dry recycling receptacles.
- Update Waste Management web pages.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and other correspondence.
- Assist, coordinate and minute taking for the Waste and Recycling Manager.
- Provide general administrative support, eg photocopying, filing, emailing and faxing as required.
- Type letters, reports and other documents as required.
- Operate Microsoft Office software according to requirements, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
To be successful for this Administrator post you will need to have:
- Administering a petty cash system
- Reconcile financial data, including fuel receipts purchasing card statements
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Working in an office/clerical environment
- Experience of dealing with a range of enquiries both on the telephone and face to face
- Web page design/updating
- Previous experience of working in the waste and recycling sector
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.