£10.92 - £18.57 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Officer to join our clinets office based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
Main Duties will include:
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, including enquiries which may be emotive, distressing and complex in nature; assessing the nature and urgency of the call and responding or referring to senior officers (e.g. Duty Officers, managers) as appropriate
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
- Look up information to answer complex queries, including requests for statistical information from internal and external customers. This could involve using the internet/intranet as well as internal systems.
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Collect, process and input data into the County Council's information management systems and databases (e.g. Framework-I, One, Swift, SAP) ensuring accuracy and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements
- Use electronic and manual filing systems with due regard to security and confidentiality
Skills and Experience:
- NVQ2 or higher in Administration
- 5 years admin experience
- ILM2 or equivalent
- Use of Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint
- Experience of processing financial claims/transactions
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of using consultative processes to improve procedures and services
- Two years proven administrative experience preferably in a specialist service area.
- Proven front line service (visitor/telephone) experience
Hours of work are 9.00am - 17.00pm, Monday - Friday, 37 Hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.