Up to £10.92 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking an Administrator on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £10.92 Per Hour PAYE
Enable the directorate to deliver integrated, customer-focused services which improve outcomes by working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to staff based in specialist directorate teams who may not work from one office
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for the service, including enquiries which may be emotive, distressing and complex in nature; assessing the nature and urgency of the call and responding or referring to senior officers (e.g. Duty Officers, managers) as appropriate
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
- Look up information to answer complex queries, including requests for statistical information from internal and external customers. This could involve using the internet/intranet as well as internal systems.
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Collect, process and input data into the County Council's information management systems and databases (e.g. Framework-I, One, Swift, SAP) ensuring accuracy and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements
- Use electronic and manual filing systems with due regard to security and confidentiality
- Maintain diaries, appointment systems, scheduling and arranging meetings including managing bring forward systems on a daily basis
Skills and Experience:
- Two years proven administrative experience preferably in a specialist service area.
- Proven front line service (visitor/telephone) experience
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, to at least an Intermediate level
- Experience in handling data and statistics
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems
- Information research, retrieval and collation using internet/web-based systems
- NVQ2 or higher in Administration
- ILM2 or equivalent
- Use of Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint
- Experience of processing financial claims/transactions
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of using consultative processes to improve procedures and services
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.