£9.37 - £9.84 per hour
22 days ago
Our client is seeking an Administrator on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide a comprehensive and effective administrative service to operational staff in the Social & Community Services Adult Social Care Team
Duties ad Responsibilities-
- To act as first point of contact for the team, taking initial information via telephone calls, recording and routing these correctly: dealing with the enquiry wherever possible, forwarding onto Duty workers or named workers. Taking accurate messages and/or referrals; dealing with all callers tactfully and in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. To forward messages using the range of integrated systems available e.g. email, voicemail, text etc.
- To undertake case recording onto our database, and the Social Care Records (and to provide support to operational staff undertaking this work.
- To maintain other databases belonging to SCS; to provide performance management information as required by Managers.
- To introduce, develop and maintain office systems (electronic and paper) as directed by the Senior Administrative Officer, Business and Planning Manager or Locality Manager, e.g. assisting the team to manage electronic folders, systems recording absence, waiting list, etc.
- To provide general administrative support to the team, to include photocopying, creation/maintenance of Excel spreadsheets, sickness monitoring, annual leave requests and other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- To process post, documents, etc. accurately and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with admin colleagues and team professional staff when necessary to ensure correct entry of post and documents into the system.
- To use Outlook Calendar to maintain diaries, including making appointments, scheduling and arranging meetings, booking rooms, updating team calendars and rotas and managing other associated systems.
- To use Outlook Mail to manage incoming and outgoing work into the Team Duty Mailbox. To provide administrative support and general assistance to Duty OTs and SWs. To cover other teams Duty Mailboxes' as required.
- To undertake all relevant administrative tasks and responsibilities to do with regular meetings, including room booking, refreshments, the preparation and circulation of papers for meetings and minute taking.
- To provide budgetary and statistical information and required reports and printouts for the team, utilising available systems and software.
- To procure and maintain stocks of required stationery, e.g. information leaflets, forms, stationery, literature, etc.
- To continue to develop the necessary skills to be flexible in support of the development of the Directorate and the wider organisations.
- To contribute towards ensuring that Adult Protection issues are speedily and accurately dealt with - e.g. taking/passing messages, preparing minutes.
Skills and Experience-
- Experience in general administration work, particularly in an electronic environment
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding office environment.
- Experience in using effective communication with both the general public and work colleagues
- Up-to-date working knowledge of MS Office (preferably MS Office 2010 and Windows 7) - Word, Excel Outlook
- Experience of dealing with distressed callers
- Experience in working with databases
- Experience and/or motivation to work in adult social care
- Ability to set up and maintain electronic filing systems in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ability to take accurate, clear and concise messages and pass to the appropriate person
- Ability to respond to and take onboard new ways of working
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to attend work on time
- Ability to work at a different office within the County if required due to organisational change
- Ability to take minutes
- Confident in putting forward own ideas for better ways of working
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential client and staff issues
- Able to work effectively alone and as a member of a team
- Good understanding of data protection & confidentiality
- Good typing speed
- Ability to adjust working hours to suit workload if required
- Ability to attend training courses, meetings and provide emergency cover at other OCC offices if required
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.