£10.33 - £10.85 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Administrator on an initial 2 month contract with the possbility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £10.33 P/H PAYE
- Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to directorate teams who may not work from one office;
- Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices, provide cross-service cover and help prevent excessive workload peaks.
- Develop knowledge, skills and expertise in at least one designated service area(s) which will be the main focus of your service delivery
Duites and Responsbilites:
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, including general enquiries and reception; answer enquiries including some of a complex nature; redirect more complex enquiries appropriately
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline
- Collect, process and input data into the County Council's information management/ filing systems and databases (e.g. Framework-I, One, Swift, SAP) ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate diary management to ensure information is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Organise and minute meetings for individuals or groups ensuring that appointments are realistically planned with regard to timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event
- Maintain record-keeping systems for recording and monitoring service processes and provide regular summary reports to Operational Staff and Managers to ensure that relevant updates and reviews take place in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain up to date information about the service including on the intranet, internet, stationery and internal and external publications
- Undertake general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required (e.g. post processes, photocopying, scanning)
Skills and Expereince:
- A minimum of one year administrative experience
- Front line service (visitor/telephone) experience
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet, including Word, * Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, to at least an Intermediate level
- Experience of handling data and statistics
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Information research and collation using the internet/web based systems
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.