£10.55 - £11.08 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Administrator on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To assist in providing and maintaining an effective and efficient Central Post Room service
in Merton Civic Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Post Room Manager in the following functions: -
- Sorting and distribution of all incoming and internal mail for delivery to correct teams and sections, and for onward processing on the EDM System
- Collection and processing of all outgoing mail within defined SLA targets.
- Assist in the operation of all Post Room machinery and equipment to include;
- (A) Operation of the Franking machine, to select correct department codes to ensure accurate recharges, also to select most cost effective method of delivery using Royal Mail or TNT ensuring best value for money
- (B) Operation of Auto -mailer, to select correct machine programme to optimise use of equipment, whilst considering the use of our Royal Mail Clean Mail and TNT mail services accounts to gain the most cost effective possible posting for the Authority.
- (C) Operation of Inward mail processor, to use machinery to open and process cheques to ensure cheques reach the Cash Office in time for processing on that day. Also to ensure cancelling and date stamping of cheques that leave the Post Room, to maintain audit requirements and minimise fraud. To open and prepare all mail for scanning inserting document separator sheets as required by EDM System.
- To ensure the maintenance of all records, including special delivery and recorded deliveries sent and received, total postage costs for each department are accurately recorded. Also record envelopes used by departments for recharge
- To assist in the investigation of customer complaints, within corporate guidelines.
- Ability to operate office technology including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- To maintain PD0008, BSI standard for the Legal Admissibility of documents, when scanning and preparing
- To ensure the integrity of the service by maintaining confidentiality and security protocols when processing mail, cheques and money received by the Council.
- Collation and distribution of Committee Agenda and Reports, including the collation of Members deliveries into two courier runs Wimbledon and Mitcham.
- To deal with customers in an efficient and tactful manner, both face to face and on the telephone.
- Sort mail to at least 95% accuracy within laid down criteria. Also to sort mail into two separate areas one for delivery and one to prepare for document scanning. To sort schools mail and prep schools mail for courier delivery.
- To use scanning equipment and EDM System software to produce electronic versions of relevant items of post. To send this image on to users, after checking the image meets the Quality Assurance criteria to 95% correct first time electronic delivery
- To record all deliveries to the Civic Centre using the technology provided and redistribute to the correct team / person.
- To assist in the collation of statistics that ensure that all post room recharges are correct.
- Ability to carry out all the duties within the Central Post room.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with the responsibility level for the post.
For this role you will need the following:
eligable to work in the UK
2 Years written referencing (allgaps verified)
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases