£9.78 - £10.27 per hour
3 months ago
Our client seeking a Administrator on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the team.
- Cover the responsibilities of Legal Secretaries / Support Officers when the need arises.
- To assist County Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to the County Council in compliance with the LEXCEL Office Procedures manual formulated in accordance with the Law Society's Practice Management Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the work of the team alongside all staff as required, to include:
- Providing excellent customer services at all time, and when required, greet and direct visitors to the team
- preparation of documents and bundles (updating, paginating and photocopying)
- Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of the team, answering routine enquiries and redirecting more complex enquiries to the appropriate colleague
- liaising with the clients and customers.
- Assist in the archiving / retrieval of files and records from storage, as appropriate.
- Daily deliveries and collections to court and other legal offices
- To work with Legal Secretaries / Support Officer to maintain the logs and registers kept by the team
- To carry out all administrative duties in a timely manner, including:
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and other events. To make room bookings, coordinate diaries, send out electronic invitations.
- Photocopying, scanning, Faxing, minute taking, use of email (including secure email), DXing,
- assisting in data / word processing tasks (including creating court applications) where necessary
- sort and manage daily post
- helping with office/IT issues
- In the absence of an appropriate fee earner or officer, to identify any urgent matters and to raise these with another appropriate fee earner, officer, or legal secretary.
- To assist with the maintenance and management of filing systems, including electronic filing with due regard to security and confidentiality and use the relevant ICT systems to the team.
- To ensure generally that the office is kept tidy from a Health and Safety point of view, including putting files away and ensuring confidential waste bags are removed when full.
- To provide cover and support for the Legal Secretaries / Support Officers.
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time, including assisting other teams within Law and Governance if necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within a professional office of equivalent to Microsoft Office.
- Good communications skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Organised with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- IT literate
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases