Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£7.83 - £10.47 per hour
24 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our busy offices based in Stoke on Trent on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 35 hours per week, at £7.83 - £10.47 p/h.
As the Administrative Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Providing a range of administrative and front of house services utilising organisational policies, procedures and digital systems.
- Organising and progressing the full range of activities associated with the management of business meetings, ensuring efficient and effective planning for a single or series of meetings, addressing timelines, notifying participants, venue/location (including use of digital technology), refreshments, agenda preparation, minuting and progress chasing agenda items and follow up actions.
- Providing written, verbal and e-correspondence, in collaboration with management and operational colleagues, ensuring prompt, courteous and appropriate responses.
- Undertaking desktop research on behalf of colleagues and management to inform responses to correspondence received or to enable the completion of specific reports.
- Producing presentations, written and financial reports for management, including formatting of information and data, which is consistent with organisational and regulatory standards.
- Maintaining and supporting the development of management information systems to enable the extraction, tracking and presentation of accurate data. By being responsible for the quality, accuracy and timeliness of data inputted and contribute to and implement approaches to improve the quality of data.
- Utilising Action for Children's and other organisations operating frameworks and systems to input and source information. By preparing reports, as directed by management or colleagues.
- Contributing to income and expenditure reporting, referring to budget and financial reports using Action for Children corporate systems and relevant databases.
- Retaining up-to-date and accurate records of financial transactions through the inputting and retrieval of data from information systems, including the payment of invoices, purchase orders and petty cash, card readers, on-line payments and P cards.
- Providing a professional front of house service to welcome internal and external visitors, ensuring visitors' experience is welcoming and professional to reflect our brand and values.
To be successful for this Administrative Assistant post you will need to have:
- Experience of using PCs on a business network running MS Windows and Office, along with email and internet and specific business applications i.e. finance.
- Experience of providing a confidential, professional service and to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.