£9.74 - £10.23 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Administrative Officer on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To support the service with all administrative functions, ensuring that the data requirements of the Performance Framework are met including, data inputting, processing and monitoring, finance processing, personnel recording, data quality recording and returns.
- To provide full administrative support to the Unit Manager and ensure the administrative commitments to the wider staff team are met effectively.
- To operate in a manner consistent with Responsive Care Providers four core values Respect, Inclusion, Compassion and Empowerment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To meet the requirements of the performance framework as determined by the Unit Manager.
* To develop, manage and improve all administration systems within the team required by WBC i.e. electronic, paper to ensure effective, efficient and timely service.
* To undertake financial duties required by WBC including reconciling accounts, processing orders and invoices, assisting with the management of financial affairs of vulnerable customers, managing the imprest accounts, bank accounts and amenities fund.
* To undertake general office and administrative duties including minute taking especially for Safeguarding meetings, family meetings, staff meetings, correspondence, filing, maintaining office supplies.
* To maintain correct documentation for staff including up to date personnel files, annual leave entitlement, sickness recording using existing systems and processes and ensuring accuracy and security of information.
* Coordinate quotes, liaise with property services, external suppliers and support the Unit Manager with all aspects of building management including the coordination of site works.
* To conduct research, provide reports including data inputting and analysis as requested to either the Service Manager or Unit Manager in relation to the service, bed management, agency spend etc * Provide administrative support to internal meetings by preparing agendas with supporting paperwork to meet deadline, providing all accurate data to meetings as required.
* To respond to and deal appropriately with enquiries received via phone, post, electronically or in person assisting effectively according to the enquirers needs and requirements.
* To coordinate and manage external bookings or charges; for example these might be room bookings for events in the Resource Centres, out of county placements or additional NHS charges in care homes. Management of these bookings or charges conducted using the processes and systems in place ensuring accuracy and frequency of billing.
* To operate in accordance with Responsive Care Providers four core values.
* To adhere to standards set out in the WBC competency framework and code of conduct.
* To comply with all statutory and WBC Policies and Procedures appropriate to job role.
* To participate in training and development appropriate to the role including supervision, appraisals, meetings etc.
* Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
* To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures and rules that apply to this role.
* To undertake additional tasks or amended duties appropriate to the post. This may require working from another site for a period.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience of working within a customer-focused office environment.
- Experience of providing administrative support to colleagues within a busy team environment.
- Experience of sensitively handling enquiries from the public and professionals.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment with conflicting demands and priorities.
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information E Sound understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Basic understanding of accounting principles E Ability to take minutes.
- Customer care skills E Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise workload E Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Fluency in the English Language.
For this role you must have a Enhanced DBS.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases