Leeds, West Yorkshire
£8.86 - £9.30 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Administrative Assistant on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Providing administrative support for the team including dealing with incoming and outgoing mail/correspondence and the processing of journals in the main accounting system.
- Processing debtor invoices and assisting with credit control.
- Processing of purchase invoices through the electronic financial management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support partnership working across the organisation and externally.
- Work together with your team to ensure targets are achieved.
- Be an advocate of our strong performance management culture, taking accountability for delivering results.
- Contribute to a positive working environment for your team, with a solid ethic of working towards achievement of our vision.
- Take a proactive approach to internal processes, contributing during meetings and interviews.
- Utilise effective communication channels when working with others.
- Checking and processing details of debtors invoice/credit note requisitions.
- Production of invoices and credit notes, monthly statements and reminder letters and dealing with queries.
- Assisting in credit control of debtors ledgers in liaison with Legal Section.
- Processing of purchase invoices onto the electronic management systems.
- Administering daily incoming mail for the Finance Department and distribution to Departments.
- Providing assistance for purchase ledger duties including order and invoice queries.
- Assistance with year-end accounts and budget work.
- Inputting journals and other transactions onto the finance system as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in English and Maths
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Strong understanding and experience of financial controls, including payments, debtor and payroll.
- Demonstrable deep understanding of financial procedures within a Local Authority environment.
- Experience of effectively contributing to team objectives.
- Experience of successfully identifying appropriate communication channels to deliver information.
- Experience of effectively contributing to organisational vision.
- Experience of working in a multi-functional finance team.
- Experience of analysing financial information, maintaining systems of internal financial control and paying attention for detail.
- Demonstrable experience in the inputting and use of accounting software
- Competent user of Excel, with strong skills in other Microsoft office packages.
- Experience of working with complex financial processes with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of taking a partnership approach to working with non-finance colleagues and their needs.
- Good communication skills with the ability to advise and challenge.
- Experience of working in a changing environment, working to deadlines and having a flexible approach to work.
For this role you will need the following:
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Written References.
- A suitable Ni Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.