Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Administrative Assistant on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide effective and timely administrative support to the relevant service group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide accurate and timely general administrative support
- Using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar IT software to carry out work that involves word processing, spreadsheets and presentation graphics.
- Servicing and recording meetings as required
Effectively manage information, data and systems
- To be responsible for the maintenance and security of records including service request records and systems, safety records, inspections data, staff rotas, overtime/additional hours, income receipts and mail logs;
- To contribute to performance and planning information by collecting, inputting and collating service information onto relevant databases, collating and validating relevant performance planning and costing/accounting/profit and loss information.
- Participate in validation of information held in computer and manual systems.
- Collecting and collating information for various purposes, in particular in performance management.
Assist in the development and implementation of administrative systems and processes
- Implement the Business Process relevant to the specific service group.
- Participate in the development of related IT systems and take an active part in their introduction and operation within the Team/Service.
Assist in the organisation and management of the administrative function
- To deputise in the absence of the relevant Principal Officer or other relevant team member(s) as required.
- Other allocated duties that may reasonably be required of the post holder.
Skills and Experience:
Evidence of understanding / experience of working with Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Knowledge and understanding of databases.
Understanding and knowledge of Administrative procedures.
Ability to work to competing deadlines
Ability to work to constant and conflicting demands.
Able to maintain effective working relationships.
Contribute to planning of work in conjunction with Line Manager.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases