Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£8.22 - £9.22 per hour
26 days ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our client's offices based in Leamington Spa on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £8.22 p/h PAYE.
As the Administrative Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To manage information and to research, monitor and supply statistical information as to the performance to the Corporate Support Manager.
- To research and co-ordinate/respond to Freedom of Information, Data Protection and Environmental Information request, including corporate complaints.
- To project manage departmental databases and system upgrades and liaise with ICT and systems suppliers to ensure they are used to their potential to meet the business need. To manage user accounts, database code tables and output documents and to manage reports to interrogate the database to produce the requested information.
- To work with fellow officers to improve efficiency and performance by continuously evaluating processes/procedures and costs, and to manage the identified changes. Produce and maintain workflows and procedure manuals and provide training and other assistance to staff following implemented changes.
- To establish and maintain relevant internal and external links with customers and partners in delivering services; to include organising, attending and participating in forums, seminars, meetings, etc. as appropriate and action feedback with the aim of improving systems and customer service.
- To continuously review and update the information available to the general public on the web pages.
- To be responsible for the structured preparation of financial orders within the service area on a regular basis to ensure consistency and accuracy and the administrative aspects of the payment of invoices in accordance with corporate requirements.
To be successful for this Administrative Assistant post you will need to have:
- Two years of experience in an administrative environment or BTec National in Administration.
- Experience of developing ICT systems to improve processes, implement automation and deliver self-service facilities
- Advanced IT literacy including all Microsoft applications, in particular, excellent Excel skills.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a confident and friendly manner.
- Knowledge and familiarity with using ICT programs, including to monitor and record information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.