£9.01 - £9.46 per hour
19-00471 / 5109781_1567437915
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our offices based in Stafford on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Administration Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To provide administrative assistance and support to nominated officers and teams including assistance in the production of reports and statistical summaries, action's decisions and disseminating information.
- To use, maintain and monitor extensive and varied Departmental IT facilities including computer based information systems for input, retrieval and analysis of data, use of office email and intra/internet facilities.
- To maintain service user records, IT based and manual in accordance with the Families First Records Management policy ensuring compliance with policies on case recording, filing retention and destruction.
- To service various formal meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed time scales.
- The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters, reports, tables, presentations and publications.
- Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, in accordance with financial regulations, including receipt of payment of cash, placing of orders, ensuring payment of accounts through the County Council Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
- Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post.
To be successful for this Administration Assistant post you will need to have:
- GCSE English or equivalent.
- IT qualification eg ECDL/CLAIT or equivalent.
- NVQ 2 in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Knowledge and Experience.
- Experience in using computer based information system.
- Experience using Microsoft Office or equivalent software package.
- Experience of office procedures, systems and equipment.
- Working within a team, preferably in an office environment.
- Working with internal/external customers to provide a quality service.
- Experience in minute taking/notes of meetings.
- Understanding of the principles of good budget management.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills at all levels - this post will involve liaison with Managers, fieldwork staff, colleagues in the department and members of the public.
- Demonstrate relevant numerical skills required to complete financial transactions.
- Time management skills with an ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
Start Date: 09/09/2019
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £9.01 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.