City of London, London
£10.55 - £11.08 per hour
over 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Administrative Assistant on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Administrative Assistant supports technical and professional staff through the provision of administrative services, including maintaining section based procedures, delivering services through use of Microsoft packages, maintaining corporate or local IT systems, provision of information to internal or external enquirers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Process section based or council wide administrative processes, which are defined though, may require the application of criteria according to the presenting circumstances. Identify and refer complex issues.
- Communicate with internal staff, and/or members of the public and other external enquirers. This may require the worker to gather information, follow up contact by phone, compose letters and e-mails.
- Deal with incoming phone calls; providing information or advice to callers, taking messages, routing calls to the right person in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain administrative related manual or electronic systems, including corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases, text files. The worker will able to answer straightforward queries on application.
- Produce simple written and statistical reports, using appropriate software.
- Provide general office support; ordering and receiving stationery, document management, meeting arrangements, faxing, photocopying etc.
- If required to do so, set up simple administrative processes that support the work of the Section.
- Dependent on the work of the Section takes notes and/or manages information that is particularly sensitive or confidential (e.g. child protection, legal issues etc).
Skills and Experience:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications to compose correspondence, maintain spreadsheets organise meetings and workload.
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities principles apply in administrative and customer services.
- Literacy skills in order to compile compose correspondence of various types (e-mail, letters), minute and produce accurate records of meetings.
4. Numeracy skills in order to compile simple statistical or financial information and undertake calculations.
- Understand how to manage manual and IT based records efficiently and with appropriate confidentiality.
- To have experience in a work setting or other structured environment of:
- interpreting policy/ procedural guidance
- organising and prioritising a workload.
- maintaining IT & manual records and administrative systems.
- producing simple statistical or financial information.
- composing written materials that reflects different circumstances and meet customer's needs - original correspondence, appropriate use of e-mail.
- using office equipment and IT software.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships.
- Ability to resolve problems and disseminate information clearly.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases