£9.58 - £10.06 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Administration Officer on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide local support, including the provision of administrative and secretarial services to area management teams and HQ based senior officers.
Maintenance of filing systems and local administrative procedures, inline with the Business Services Team and corporate processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone enquiries, resolving where possible, taking messages or passing calls to appropriate officers.
- Hold and administer petty cash on behalf of the BCU, ensuring audit able records are kept and maintained as appropriate. Administer Petty cash floats as required.
- Ensure money's received within the local area are treated correctly, including counting, transporting and banking as required.
- Act as the point of contact to auditors in respect of income received in the local area.
- Support the management team to meet their Health and Safety obligations undertaking activities as directed.
- Provide a confidential typing service for the Area Superintendent and other senior managers as required.
- Develop and maintain an Area filing system, ensuring all documents are appropriately filed, duplicated and subsequently destroyed, if applicable, ensuring these are inline with the Business Services Team processes and corporate processes.
- Co-ordinate management team diaries and schedule appointments to conform with availability of team members.
- Provide a minute taking service at meetings. Ensure the outcome of meetings are appropriately recorded and distributed. Co-ordinate agenda items for local meetings, as directed.
- Maintain and develop a "bring forward" system for all members of the management team
- Examine Police systems on behalf of the Area Commander or other members of the management team as required, bringing the information to the attention of appropriate officers as needed.
- Undertake administrative tasks needed to ensure the smooth running of the BCU as required.
Skills and Experience:
Clerical work experience.
Experience of copy and audio typing, basic report writing, minute taking.
Experience of dealing the with public Experience of working as a Personal Assistant or demonstrative equivalent experience.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Written references.
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.