West End, London
£10.00 - £10.50 per hour
26 days ago
Our client is seeking a Admin Support Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To administer the Department's customer care and complaints functions.
To administer processes for the effective and speedy handling of Children Social Care complaints, corporate complaints, Subject Access Requests, Councillor & MP enquiries, FOI requests and Ombudsman enquiries in accordance with the statutory and corporate timescales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Liaise with outside agencies/advice centres acting on behalf of service users and respond to queries
In discussion with the Customer Care & Complaints Manager and Officers, log and acknowledge complaints and general enquiries.
Assist with collating monthly statistics and information on the team's customer feedback activities.
Manage the complaint and information requests mailbox. Ensuring all enquiries are logged onto the case management system.
Deal sensitively with telephone calls and visitors, providing information and advice on the complaints and other procedures.
Interview complainants over the phone or where necessary in person and prepare statements containing accurate accounts of their complaints. Ensure high levels of customer care in services provided.
Operate systems to record, monitor and secure the speedy and effective processing of complaints from members of the public, including the departmental complaints database.
- Support Business Units in meeting deadlines by producing and circulating regular outstanding complaint report/reminders.
- Update when necessary the Complaints Guidelines for Staff and advice staff about the complaints procedure when required.
Operate systems to record, monitor and secure speedy and effective processing of enquiries and complaints from Council members and Members of Parliament.
Log and acknowledgement compliments and general enquiries received to the Department.
Assist the Customer Care & Complaints Manager and Officers in the administration and running of formal stages of Complaint's Review
- Assist in the appointment of independent People and investigators for complaints.
- To undertake specific pieces of work or projects as agreed with the Customer Care and Complaints Manager that is relevant to the grade of the post.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- A minimum of one year's experience in an administrative role involving direct contact with service users
- Able to demonstrate a competence in the use of information technology, including Microsoft Office applications, Outlook and to learn other information systems used by the complaints service. Casework knowledge desirable.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the potential needs of people in a socially diverse Borough, and of the barriers to services which may be experienced in particular by young people.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of looked after children and young people and an ability to communicate effectively with them, verbally, in writing and in forums.
- Able to demonstrate well developed inter-personal skills and the ability to progress chase complaint issues with staff and manager across departments at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate to a high standard good organisational and administrative skills.
- To assist in the co-ordination of formal complaints investigations.
- An understanding or ability to learn of complaints procedures under relevant legislation such as the Children Act 1989 and Community Care Act 1990. To assist in the co-ordination of formal complaints investigations.
- To assist the complaints officer in the organisation and administration of formal review panels of the complaints procedure. Taking part in the development, organisation of internal training events.
- Ability to collate information for statistical use for the production of high quality monitoring information.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
- Last 2 employers names.
- 3 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.