£9.50 - £10.5 per hour
about 1 month ago
12 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Admin Officer to join our client's offices based in Stafford on a temporary contract basis for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working part-time, 18.5 hours per week at £9.50 p/h PAYE.
As the Admin Officer, your main duties will include:
- To maintain a number of SSSCB Senior Managers' diaries, arrange meetings, make appointments and deal with telephone enquiries, as appropriate, acting as a point of contact in the absence of the Board Manager.
- To service various formal SSSCB meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed timescales.
- The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters, reports, tables, presentations and publications.
- To organise conferences, events, seminars and exhibitions as requested.
- Assistance with the maintenance and monitoring of budgets held by the Board Managers.
- Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, in accordance with financial regulations, including receipt of payment of cash, placing of orders, ensuring payment of accounts through the County Council Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
- To provide direct administrative assistance and support to the Board and any nominated senior officers including research, production of reports and statistical summaries, actioning decisions and disseminating information.
- To use, maintain and monitor extensive and varied Departmental IT facilities including computer-based information systems for input, retrieval and analysis of data, use of office email and intra/internet facilities.
- To maintain SSSCB records, IT-based and manual in accordance with the Staffordshire County Council Records Management policy ensuring compliance with policies on case recording, filing retention and destruction
To be successful for this Admin Officer post you will need to have:
- GCSE English or equivalent
- NVQ 3 in Business Administration or equivalent
- An IT qualification equivalent to the competency level of ECDL/CLAIT etc
- Two years' experience in using computer-based information system
- Two years' experience using Microsoft Office or equivalent software package
- Two years' experience of office procedures, systems and equipment
- Working within a team, preferably in an office environment
- Working with internal/external customers to provide a quality service
- Experience in minute taking/notes of meetings
- Understanding of the principles of good budget management
- Understanding of the principles of providing a good quality service
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation relevant to an office environment
- Understanding of the Directorate and its role in the community
- Understanding of the services provided by other agencies appropriate to service users
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.