£7.7 - £8.7 per hour
8 months ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Admin Assistant to join our client's offices based in Ilkeston on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £8.21 p/h PAYE.
As the Admin Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Undertake thorough and consistent financial assessments of applications to the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund in line with departmental policies and guidance.
- Assist in the administration process of successful applications to ensure prompt and accurate awards/payments are made. In this respect, the accurate and timely maintenance of payments systems will be required.
- To ensure that applicants' records are maintained in an effective manner.
- To provide advice and information regarding the DDF process to applicants, their representatives and to staff, to assist with the delivery of an effective service.
- To liaise with professionals and colleagues from external agencies to gather information, convey decisions, and build wider understanding of the work of the Discretionary Fund.
- Have an awareness of national welfare benefits legislation and procedures
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the local "wider provision" that might be appropriately available to applicants.
- Assist in the briefing/training of staff in other teams/departments about the scope and work of the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund.
To be successful for this Admin Assistant post you will need to have:
- Broad administration or finance
- Liaising with external agencies
- Effective team working
- Dealing with members of the public with sensitivity and tact
- Decision making in the complex but well-structured framework.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.