£9.74 - £10.74 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Admin Assistant to join our client's offices based in Keynsham on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Admin Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Type from written copy and/or audio dictation machine, reports, letters, memoranda, forms and other correspondence, adjusting spelling and punctuation as necessary.
- Maintain office and administrative systems, to support the work of the Managers and staff, to ensure effective service provision.
- Input and retrieve client/management information as directed by the Manager including basic manipulation of data, presenting statistics, reports and other information for staff and managerial use, as required.
- Take telephone calls and to take messages, and deal with callers to the office and bring to the attention of the Manager or appropriate member of staff.
- Take messages and respond to urgent calls from staff working in the community, and contacting external stakeholders. Contact service users when visits cannot be made or when there are unexpected changes to plans and rotas.
- Compose routine letters and despatch standard letters as required producing meeting notes (own or other people) ensuring they are checked and dispatched.
- Deal with the incoming and outgoing post, to carry out photocopying duties and other routine clerical tasks as required.
- Order and maintain stationery supplies and office equipment as required.
- Assist with meeting arrangements, for example, register visitors, ensure hospitality is in place and occasionally attend to take notes.
- In emergency circumstances to provide cover for the duties of other administrative assistants for example reception and the post room duties.
- Help and assist when needed with clerical duties for all sections, so that the administration of the department continues to run smoothly.
To be successful for this Admin Assistant post you will need to have:
- Educated to GCSE level (including English Language/Maths) or equivalent. The post holder should have competent IT, Word Processing and clerical skills.
- Audio skills for some posts.
- Good communication skills and an ability to relate to all service users and staff at all levels.
- Able to work for unsupervised on a regular basis, to deal with callers to the office and on the telephone and take action as appropriate.
- A customer-focused and people-centred approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels in an organisation and with members of the public.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to provide administrative support across more than one team.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £9.74 p/h PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.