£9.37 - £9.84 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Admin Assistant to join our clients offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Admin Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Act as a point of contact for the service, for general enquiries; answer enquiries including some of a complex nature; redirect more complex enquiries appropriately.
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary.
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and updating spreadsheets to a good standard to required deadlines.
- Process and input TTRO application data into the County Council's 2 information management systems and databases, ensuring accuracy and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Use electronic and manual filing systems with due regard to security and confidentiality.
To be successful for this Admin Assistant post you will need to have:
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent), or NVQ Level 2 Administration (or equivalent)
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook
- Experience of handling data and statistics
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from IT systems
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines Experience of looking up and collating information from the internet and other web based systems
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person
- Good keyboard skills, particularly in accuracy of input
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and prioritise competing demands to meet deadlines
- Organised approach to tasks, with good attention to detail
- Ability to learn new ICT systems Initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.