£9.74 - £10.23 per annum
13 days ago
Our client is seeking a Admin Assistant on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Under the direction of the Line Manager/Administrative Officer to provide a comprehensive administrative, clerical and typing service to individuals staff/managers within the Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Manager/Administrative Officer participate in the formulation of detailed Team objectives and policies.
- With the Manager/Administrative Officer ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives, including financial ones.
- To contribute to co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- To assist in ensuring the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the service.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- Type from written copy and/or audio dictation machine, reports, letters, memoranda, forms and other correspondence, adjusting spelling and punctuation as necessary.
- Maintain office and administrative systems, to support the work of the Managers and staff, to ensure effective service provision.
- Input and retrieve client/management information as directed by the Manager including basic manipulation of data, presenting statistics, reports and other information for staff and managerial use, as required.
- Take telephone calls and to take messages, and deal with callers to the office and bring to the attention of the Manager or appropriate member of staff.
- Take messages and respond to urgent calls from staff working in the community, and contacting external stakeholders.
- Contact service users when visits cannot be made or when there are unexpected changes to plans and rotas.
- Compose routine letters and dispatch standard letters as required producing meeting notes (own or other people) ensuring they are checked and dispatched.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post, to carry out photocopying duties and other routine clerical tasks as required.
- Order and maintain stationery supplies and office equipment as required.
- Assist with meeting arrangements for example register visitors, ensure hospitality is in place and occasionally attend to take notes.
- In emergency circumstances to provide cover for the duties of other administrative assistants for example reception and the post room duties.
- Help and assist when needed with clerical duties for all sections, so that the administration of the department continues to run smoothly.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE level (including English Language/Maths) or equivalent.The post holder should have competent IT, Word Processing and clerical skills.Audio skills for some posts.
- Good communication skills and an ability to relate to all service users and staff at all levels.
- Able to work for unsupervised on a regular basis, to deal with callers to the office and on the telephone and take action as appropriate
- A customer-focused and people-centred approach to work. Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels in an organisation and with members of the public.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to provide administrative support across more than one team.
- A common sense approach and the ability to work on own imitative.
- Some office experience.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.