£7.70 - £8.09 per hour
18 days ago
Our client is seeking a Admin Assistant on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Environmental Services will protect and improve the environment, health, safety and well-being of Watford's communities through delivery of customer focused, responsive, professional services in Environmental Health, Licensing, Community Safety, Street Cleansing and Waste & Recycling.
- This role within the Section Support team provides business administration and office management support
- Flexibility and team working will be essential as well as the ability to work positively with Officers within the Service, the Council and people in outside organisations and businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To answer front-line enquiries and provide advice on policies, procedures etc to public, councillors and others.
- To deal and interact with external and internal customers, providing a high standard of customer care by phone, in writing and face to face.
- To liaise with the Customer Service Centre and handle service requests via the Service Request Portal.
- To be responsible for specific projects as directed, such as the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme, Home Safety Scheme and maintenance of Uniform databases.
- To maintain the service's web pages and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Maintain files and computer records; issuing and receiving forms; sending out both standard and specific letters; maintaining registers and records up to date.
- To provide general administrative support to Environmental Services as required.
- Participate in the corporate work of the Council and Service as required.
- Participate in consultation exercises with all service users and stakeholders to inform decisions on further service provision.
- To make suggestions/solutions to constantly review and improve the services.
- Other clerical and administration duties as required by the needs of the department.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to contribute to continuous service improvement and review, to adapt to change.
- Ability to identify problems and solutions.
- Ability to manage projects.
- An understanding and commitment to the Council's corporate plans.
- Ability to undertake basic calculations.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases