£16.6 - £17.6 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
22 days ago
5 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our client's offices based in Berkshire on a temporary contract basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £16.60 p/h PAYE.
As an Accountant, your main duties will include:
- Work with all the teams in Accountancy to ensure that the Chart of Accounts reflects the latest Cipfa code of practice and IFRS requirements.
- Assist and work with budget managers in departments to ensure they understand the implications the changes in financial reporting.
- Maintain and reconcile key Council control accounts.
- Support the Senior Accountant and Finance Manager with the production of statutory government returns, coordination and production of the annual financial statements and Whole Government Accounts.
- Any other duties as required being commensurate with the role grading.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
To be successful for this Accountant post you will need to have:
- Experience of using Agresso
- Experience of liaising with all levels of management
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant (as a minimum undertaking AAT level 4)
- Experience of Local Government accounting
- At least 3 years experience in an accounting environment in a technical accounting role, i.e. experience of preparing financial accounts
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.